William Goh Division Powerful Negotiators Group PropNex Realty P L
William Goh S T Group District Director CEA No: R010617A Mobile: +65-9477-3900 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
KEEN TO BE A REAL ESTATE SALESPERSON?
You must be a Singapore Citizen or SPR, min 21 years of age.
Min 4 O level passes taken at not more than 2 sittings (N level cert excluded)
Higher NITEC Qualification
Industrial Technician Certificate (ITC)
Certificate in Business Studies (CBS)
National Technician Certificate 1 (NTC1)
To be a property agent in Singapore, whether part-time or full time, you must be a Singapore Citizen or SPR. The mim age is 21 years old and you must have min 4 O level passes, with max 2 sittings. Next, you have to sign up the RES (Real Estate Salesperson) course and passed the RES exams. Once you passed your RES course, you join an agency which will apply for your RES license from CEA (Council for Estate Agencies) for you.
In Brief (start to end to be a property agent):
1. Must be SG or Spr.
2. Min 4 O level passes, without which need to pass WPLN and attain level 5 then can enrol for RES course, see details below.
3. Enrol for RES course at any RES course centres, see details below, also the RES course and exam fees payable.
4. Your RES course fees can claim SG government skills fund $500 and NTUC UTAP (Union Training Assistance Program) $250.
5. Some diplomat or degrees education qualifications (see details below) are exempted from taking RES course and can sign up to be a Property Agent right away.
6. Once you have completed your RES course, the RES course centre will issue you a certificate of completion (valid for 24 months) for you to register for your RES exams.
7. Take and pass both paper 1 & paper 2 of the RES exams. If u fail one of the papers (either P1 or P2) you can take the other paper (which you failed) only.
8. Once you passed both Paper 1 & Paper 2, you can proceed to sign up with any real estate agency. To sign up, just bring your result slip (no need to wait for the certificate).
8. The agency you signed up will apply for your CEA license on your behalf and CEA will takes about 6 weeks (or lesser) to approve your application.
9. Once CEA had approved your application, your agency will contact you to collect your CEA ID tag and you can start work immediately.
10. Your RES passed result slip (both papers) is valid for 24 months only. If you did not sign up with any agency within 24 months, you have to retake the RES course and exams all over again.
If you are still in doubt on any of the above, please feel free to WA me at +65 9477 3900 and I will be pleased to attend to all your queries.
WPLN (Alternate to 4 O level passes)
Attained Level 5 and above in WPLN Assessment in Reading, Writing, Speaking, Listening & Numeracy.
RES Course Exemption
If you have any of the following certificate, you will be exempted from taking the RES course:
Bachelor of Science (Real Estate)
Bachelor or Science (Estate Management)
Bachelor of Real Estate (Property Management)
Bachelor or Real Estate (Valuation)
institution: Ngee Ann Polytechnic
Diploma in Building Management
Diploma in Building & Real Estate Management)
Dipolma in Real Estate Business
Institution: Singapore Polytechnic
Diploma in Property Development & Facilities Management
Dipolma in Building & Property Management
WISH TO BE A PROPERTY AGENT & DO NOT HAVE RES CERT
If you do not have RES certificate, remember these 3 letters: CEA
C FOR COURSE
First you need to register for RES course with min 4 O level passes certificate. If you do not have 4 O level passes, you need to take and pass WPLN level 5 on all the 4 subjects.
Note: Overseas qualifications (degree) or private diploma
If you do not have 4 O level passes but you have overseas qualifications (degree) or private diploma, etc, you can submit these original qualifications at the centre you sign up for RES course and the centre will submit them to CEA, with an administrative fee of $53.50, for assessment which will take about 15 working days for CEA to reply.
E FOR EXAMINATIONS
Take and passed both the paper 1 and paper 2 RES examination.
A FOR AGENCY
Once you passed RES, you then register with an agency and the agency will apply your CEA license on your behalf.
For more infomation, visit the following websites:
GOOD LUCK TO YOUR RES EXAMS
AFTER YOU HAD PASSED RES EXAMS
Once you passed RES exams, remember these 3 letters: ATM
A FOR AGENCY
It’s important to join a large & reputable agency.
Being large, it will have large backroom supports, hence your commissions will be paid promptly, as fast as within 1 week or less.
Large agency also have economic of scale to conduct many in house training programs.
Sincerely welcome you to join PropNex, the largest agency in Singapore.
PropNex has large backroom supports to ensure all key functions are promptly delivered.
In view of the many successes in new launches, PropNex has been awarded many projects currently and in the years ahead. PropNex is also leading in the luxury CCR segment.
T FOR TEAM
The team you join will greatly determine your future success in this very challenging industry.
I am with Powerful Negotiators Group (PNG) & currently has more than 3,000 agents and is the largest team in PropNex and in the whole of Singapore.
PNG has its own centralised training platform where any team member can attend, regardless of whoever your Manager/Mentor.
The training programs are free, you pay only the course notes of $30 & $50 depending on the program type. Also there is no tie up.
M FOR MENTOR
The mentor is your first point of contact.
Before deciding, its recommended that you visit at least 3 mentors from different agencies, to understand their systems, platform and supports.
It is important that you can work well with your Mentor.
Once you passed your RES exams and with you RES result slip, you are ready to join an agency of your choice to kick-start your career in Real Estate Industry. Before deciding which agency to join, I would sincerely urge you to arrange 1-1 meet up with a few potential managers from different agencies and to understand their systems and platforms. Joining the right team with the right Manager/Mentor is crucial as this will greatly decides your future successes. By joining the right team, having proven success systems and platforms, your kick-start as a brand new RES will be very much easy.